Location: Warsaw, Poland
Type: Full Time (3 month probation period)
Ref. No: UISFTENG_01/2021
Start date: ASAP
United Robots is an ambitious and fast-moving start-up based in London and Warsaw. We develop intelligent service devices that are designed to address the key problems facing service providers operating in big storage areas and public spaces such as: hospitals, care homes, office buildings, airports, warehouses and supermarkets, amongst others.
We are looking for a talented and motivated User Interface Software Engineer with both, robotics and non-robotics experience to join our dynamic R&D team developing autonomous robots. You will be expected to work closely with a multi-disciplinary team of software engineers to develop the latest generation of autonomous vehicles. Working together with the business experts, you will capture and document the current process, develop the to-be process and create process & solution design.
We are an equal opportunity employer who strives to recruit the right candidates based on their skills and experience. All applicants will be considered for employment irrespective of age, gender identity, race, religion, sexual orientation, marital status or disability.
- Developing a robust and intuitive human-computer interface for operation
- Configuring various autonomous robotic platforms incl. developing interfaces for both the vehicle and cloud-based robotic asset management system.
- Designing custom human-robot user interfaces for autonomous systems and cloud-based state monitors and asset management systems
- Prototyping interface options and evaluating end-user performance
- Adherence to standard methodologies for team software development (peer reviews of design and code, unit and system testing, version control, bug tracking, integrated documentation etc.
- Adapting and integrating proprietary and open-source software packages and APIs
- Development for Linux-based and Web-based environments
- Creating high-quality product documentation; including technical documents adhering to industry Best Practice guidelines
- Compliance with Change Management process to ensure the consistency and high quality of output
- Working to legislative compliance and adherence to industry standards and regulations
- Becoming an integral part of United Robots Operations department
- Attending regular meetings with internal and external clients as and when required
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 2 Good written and verbal communication skills in English. Knowledge of other European languages would be desirable.
- 2+ years of practical work experience
- Strong C++ and Python skills
- Experience in application UI frameworks (Qt preferred) in a Linux environment
- Experience in building highly performant, scalable and resilient UI platforms
- Proven experience of modern front-end systems
- Graphical UI design experience
- Demonstrable understanding and use of software engineering concepts, practices, and procedures
- Ability to monitor quality and accuracy of own work to ensure it meets expected standards and adheres to our procedures
- Ability to work with minimal supervision while following the Company’s procedures and processes
- Team-oriented attitude and awareness of importance of Knowledge Transfer within the Operations department
- Strong interpersonal skills, enthusiasm and desire to participate in creating the world class autonomous robots
In exchange for your skills and expertise, the Company offers a competitive package and excellent development and mentoring opportunities.
To apply please send your CV and application to email@example.com