Ref. No: SEN_ROB/SFTENG_03/2020
Position: Full Time (with 3 month probation period)
We are looking for a talented and motivated Senior Robotics Software Engineer to join our dynamic R&D team developing Last Mile, cleaning and carrier AI robots. You will be expected to work closely with multi-disciplined teams of software engineers to develop the latest generation of autonomous robots. Working together with the business experts, you will capture and document the current process, develop the to-be process and create process & solution design.
- Hands-on involvement in the development and delivery of AI products from inception to production; including design, prototyping, validation, quality assurance testing and certification.
- Design and implementation of AI Robotics initiatives using AI software, driving solution design, core and supervised configuration, assessment, deployment activities and post-deployment support in accordance with Best Practice principles.
- Work closely with internal and external specialist teams to ensure the highest quality of design and compatibility of our robotic products
- Plan and estimate effort required to configure AI Robotics processes; work closely with the teams to ensure estimates are reviewed and updated in the implementation plan. Communicate any variances between estimates and actual effort.
- Define and refine product requirements, document and manage Change Control process
- Support Change Management and assess change impact for business initiatives related to AI robotics
- Manage Incidents including diagnosis and resolution of issues impacting the performance of AI robotic devices
- Ensure full adherence to Risk Management procedures; including risk identification and assessment; mitigation processes; and escalation
- Plan and deliver required configuration tasks for all assigned AI Robotics processes, developing AI robots to perform automated processes following logic and business rules as required and agreed with the clients
- Ensure a smooth transition to Service Support Team to enable efficient resolution of post-deployment issues.
- Develop software providing effective solution to meet client expectations
- Enable implementation of advanced technologies and functionality such as AI, LiDaR, Computer Vision and 5G into United Robots portfolio of products
- Integrate AI robotic devices with required equipment such as sensors, LiDaRs etc.
- Create high-quality product documentation; including technical documents such as Process Definition, Solution Design and other standard process documents
- Ensure legislative compliance and adherence to industry standards and regulations
- Become an integral part of United Robots Management Team; attend regular management meetings with internal and external clients as and when required.
- Graduate (BENG, MSc or PhD) in Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical or Mechatronics Engineering or another Engineering discipline with a focus on software engineering
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English. Knowledge of other European languages would be desirable.
- Proven experience of autonomous robotic systems
- In-depth understanding of state-of-the-art visual and visual-inertial SLAM algorithms and techniques
- Practical knowledge of GPU programming
- Minimum 3 years experience of programming in C++
- Minimum 2 years experience with ROS and Robotics hardware
- Practical experience in the design and development of robotic equipment; including camera-based navigation, place recognition
- Ability to monitor quality and accuracy of own and team’s work to ensure it meets expected standards and adheres to procedures
- Strong Customer Relationship Management and ability to build relationships with key business stakeholders ensuring that their needs are agreed and fully met
- Strong leadership skills and ability to influence business stakeholders
- Team-oriented attitude showing good understanding of the roles and responsibilities of teams involved in the design and delivery of AI robotic devices
- Willingness and ability to share “know-how” with team members
- Strong interpersonal skills, enthusiasm and desire to participate in creating the world class Last Mile robots
- Understanding of Change Management and willingness to explore new ideas to develop improvement activities within the business
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively with diverse audience; including internal/external clients and investors. Approachable and able to present quality information to management and senior executive audience.
In exchange for your skills and expertise, the company offer a competitive package including performance related bonuses, pension, healthcare and excellent development and mentoring opportunities. The company prides itself in coming up with new and innovative solutions which adds to our product-line.
For further information or questions, please contact us and/or send your CV and application to email@example.com