Location: Warsaw, Poland
Type: Full Time (3 month probation period)
Ref. No: ROBSFTENG_01/2021
Start date: ASAP
United Robots is an ambitious and fast-moving start-up based in London and Warsaw. We develop intelligent service devices that are designed to address the key problems facing service providers operating in big storage areas and public spaces such as: hospitals, care homes, office buildings, airports, warehouses and supermarkets, amongst others.
We are looking for a talented and motivated Robotics Software Engineer to join our dynamic R&D team developing autonomous robots. You will be expected to work closely with a multi-disciplinary team of software engineers to develop the latest generation of autonomous vehicles. Working together with the business experts, you will capture and document the current process, develop the to-be process and create process & solution design.
We are an equal opportunity employer who strives to recruit the right candidates based on their skills and experience. All applicants will be considered for employment irrespective of age, gender identity, race, religion, sexual orientation, marital status or disability.
- Developing navigation and perception software solutions for autonomous robots
- Integrating, configuring and performing tests on actual hardware
- Ideating, prototyping and investigating robots functionalities
- Involvement in the full-stack robotic development
- Working closely with internal and external specialist teams to ensure the highest quality of design and compatibility of our robotic products
- Developing software to provide effective solutions to meet client expectations
- Creating high-quality product documentation; including technical documents adhering to industry Best Practice guidelines
- Compliance with Change Management process to ensure the consistency and high quality of output
- Working to legislative compliance and adherence to industry standards and regulations
- Becoming an integral part of United Robots Operations department
- Attending regular meetings with internal and external clients as and when required
- Graduate (BENG, MSc or PhD) in Computer Science, Robotics, Control Engineering or Mechatronics with focus on software engineering
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English. Knowledge of other European languages would be desirable.
- Experience in programming in C++
- Understanding of ROS and Robotics hardware
- Practical experience in Robotic Perception, Autonomous Navigation and application of Machine Learning in these domains
- Experience with software version control and ability to efficiently document own work
- Ability to monitor quality and accuracy of own work to ensure it meets expected standards and adheres to our procedures
- Ability to work with minimal supervision while following the Company’s procedures and processes
- Team-oriented attitude and awareness of importance of Knowledge Transfer within the Operations department
- Strong interpersonal skills, enthusiasm and desire to participate in creating the world class autonomous robots
- In-depth understanding of state-of-the-art machine vision algorithms
- Extensive experience with SLAM algorithms
- Practical knowledge of GPU programming
- Programming skills in Python
- Understanding of deep learning
- Experience in Graphical User Interface Development
In exchange for your skills and expertise, the Company offers a competitive package and excellent development and mentoring opportunities.
To apply please send your CV and application to email@example.com